Job Title: Business Development and Sales Manager
Duty Station: Fenix International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: East Africa Regional Business Development & Sales Manager
Fenix (http://www.fenixintl.com) is a for-profit corporation based in San Francisco, California with customers across multiple markets and core expertise in power electronics, product design and base-of-the-pyramid marketing and is seeking to recruit a result driven and motivated individual for the vacancy below.
Job Summary: Business Development and Sales Manager will manage existing sales relationships in Uganda, accelerate volume sales with early adopter customers, manage customer needs, manage new pilots, collect and analyze feedback, manage trainers and country technical staff, and run a country office with inventory. This person will also contribute to development of leads and business in new verticals and geographies, as well as new product definition and development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with on the product testing and pilots with multinational corporations, international NGOs, microfinance institutions, and local distribution partners
- Plan, manage and conduct product trainings
- Guide marketing and distribution of Fenix products in collaboration with partners to achieve sales and revenue targets
- Manage sales and scale pipeline by working closely with senior managers of local partners and East Africa Business Development & Sales Manager
- Collect, analyze and report feedback to contribute directly to Fenix product and business development strategy
- Work with East Africa Business Development & Sales Manager to contribute to forecasting future sales
- Plan, hire, train and manage a team of trainers and technical staff in Uganda
- Manage Uganda office and inventory
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years work experience, ideally in business development or sales
- Leadership experience
- Keen understanding of the mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in East Africa
- Understanding of rural BOP markets
- Ability to customize and clearly communicate the Fenix value proposition, including quantitative and qualitative benefits to the customer and the consumer, for written and verbal presentations
- Ability to manage a team of trainers & technical staff
- Ability to manage a country office and inventory
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Apps
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Business level competency of Western languages
- Technical fluency, such as engineering, computer science or other technical degree
- Past or present marketing experience
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
- Write an Application letter and CV/Resume.
- Merge these two documents into one document in either word or PDF format.
- Do not attach or send any scanned documents. These are sometimes too large for our inbox.
- Submit your application, please click "Apply to Position"
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly