Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Makerere University Centre for Research in Transportation Technologies (CRTT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations of the CRTT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, and storage
- Administer inventory of CRTT assets, supplies and consumables monitoring critical levels of stocks;
- Plan, Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, events, exhibitions and other similar activities;
- Create and keep up-to-date the electronic and manual records
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance of office equipment and general cleanliness;
- Take charge of Board and Committee meetings;
- Prepare reports, disseminate information, dispatch minutes, memos and letters;
- Requisition maintain and account for financial and other resources under his/her care;
- Supervise staff and ensure harmonious
working relationship amongst staff under his/her care;
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The job holder should possess a Bachelor's Degree with a post graduate diploma in either Administration or Human Resource Management. Project Planning and Management, is required. Candidates with MBA will be highly preferable.
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures;
- Familiarity with management and implementation of Projects funded by Government of Uganda and donors.
Personal Competencies: Excellent interpersonal skills , Team building skills, Analytical and problem solving skills , Decision making skills, Communications skills, Organizational skills, Computer literacy skills particularly competency in spreadsheets and word processing programs, Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality of administrative and financial information Relationship management skills, Time management skills, Honesty and trustworthiness, Cultural awareness, sensitivity and flexibility while demonstrating sound work ethics.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with a Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each ) giving full details of applicants' education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and names of three referees, plus their postal addresses to the address below. All applicants should make sure at least two of their referees have sent references in support of the applicants. All applications should be hand delivered to: Employment Division, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to: The Director Human Resources P.O.Box 7062 Kampala., Uganda
Deadline: 22nd July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on ourfacebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline