Job Title: Acting Deputy Chief of Party
Project: USAID-funded Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture, and Nutrition (RWANU) Program
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 80 projects in 36 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Job Summary: The Acting Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture, and Nutrition (RWANU) Program. In collaboration with Concern WorldWide and Welthungerhilfe, the ACDI/VOCA program team works to strengthen livelihoods of vulnerable households and improve nutrition among children under five, incorporating disaster risk reduction and response mechanisms with gender- and conflict-sensitive approaches.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management of technical activities while maintaining a collaborative approach to implementation among all consortium members.
- Liaise with the head office in Kampala, consortium partners, the sub-recipients’ technical managers and local government officials and stakeholders.
- Manage a large network of technical support staff and field extension agents, as well as overall program operations in the Matany, Moroto and Nakapiripirit offices. Supervise training curricula and material development.
- Lead the development of detailed activity work plans, budgets and procurement plans, in coordination with the technical teams.
- Prepare reports and documents for USAID and communicate regularly with commodity operations management team and consortium members.
- Oversee and build capacity of senior
supervisory staff to implement the project in compliance with USAID
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Advanced degree in international development, agricultural economics, agronomy, environmental studies or other related field preferred; or equivalent experience.
- At least seven years’ experience managing complex, multi-faceted rural development programs in a developing country required.
- Relevant food security and livelihoods experience; experience working with agro-pastoralist or pastoralist populations preferred.
- Strong familiarity with USAID regulations required; familiarity with Food for Peace programming preferred.
- Strong operational management experience with demonstrated strategic planning ability. Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage personnel in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates should apply online via our website http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5546B361D43515B7E59192F77571F6E06627B4D.
NB: No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 10th Sep 2013