Organisation: Enterprise Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
Enterprise Uganda (EUg), in partnership with Youth Business International (YBI) has received a grant from the Department for International Development (DFID) of UK to support the Northern Uganda Youth Entrepreneurship Programme (NUYEP). It is a 2 year project whose key objective is to improve the livelihoods of 10,000 youth (aged 18-35) and their households in Northern Uganda using a household empowerment approach that provides mindset change training, business follow up, and personalised business support.The project will target youth in the Greater North covering five regions of Acholi, West Nile, Lango, Teso and Karamoja.
Job Summary: The Regional Project Officer will be the focal point for the NUYEP project in the allocated region of the Greater North (West Nile; Acholi; Lango; Teso/ Karamoja). This position in based upcountry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sensitize the local communities and partners about the NUYEP program ;
- Recognize local actors in Youth sector in each district, including the media and maintain a database of these partners.
- Mobilize youth for the entrepreneurship training and other interventions under the program.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with local partners in the region.
- Support the M&E function in implementation of data collection activities in the region.
- Support the Mentoring Specialist to provide mentoring services to youth.
- Preparation of periodic performance reports on project activities in the region.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Ugandan national with a degree in a
At least five years’ practical experience working in private sector development;
- Sound and practical understanding of SME challenges and operations in developing countries ;
- Knowledge of at least one of the regional
How to Apply:
All candidates not exceeding forty years should send their applications with supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and, curriculum vitae indicating three referees and their telephone contacts should be received at the address below;
The Executive Director, Enterprise Uganda, Plot 38, Lumumba Avenue, P. O. Box 24581,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information, please visit our website, www.enterprise.co.ug.
Deadline: 30th July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline