Job Title: VAS Solutions Engineer II
Organisation: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Vas Solutions Engineer – Planning
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The VAS Solutions Engineer II will plan for and ensure optimum performance of all VAS platforms/systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to CAPEX budget planning for the VAS and ensure project scoping before handover to capital projects department for implementation.
- Ensure best practice planning of all VAS to ensure customer centricity targets.
- Research, plan, develop and deploy new/improved solutions.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the implementation of marketing-Initiated Projects.
- Ensure effective business risk management in all activities.
- Ensure that all plans and solutions are documented well for future reference.
- Provide timely recommendations to ensure effective capacity planning for all VAS systems.
- Accurate and regular performance reporting to the various stakeholders.
- Champion automation and efficiency within the department.
- Ensure that all VAS requirements are gathered and supported by the MTN Network.
resilience and redundancy within the VAS delivery platforms.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Engineer should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics/ Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Two years in telecommunications planning or operations.
- Experience in project management.
- One Year of UNIX shell scripting/programming and database administration.
- Other attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing
- Good Analytical and Organizational skills
- Flexible, resilient and self-Directed person.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with MTN Uganda should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.
Deadline: Thursday, 27th June, 2013.