Job Title: VAS Engineer
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior VAS Engineer
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The VAS Engineer will manage and co-ordinate all activities regarding support, design and implementation aspects of VAS platform & Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and responds promptly to any technical problems affecting the VAS nodes
- Customize and support standard Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) applications that interface with the core GSM and Data Telecom Network Nodes
- Document the VAS product catalogue and the interfaces to other systems including updating and maintenance of the configuration database management system.
- Translate marketing requirements into design/technical requirements for all VAS Products ,Services and Platforms
- Monitoring and analyzing the system performance include traffic monitoring on the basis of statistics and reports. Based on these reports, identify the areas of improvements and develop techniques for optimization
- Compliance with VAS software license agreements
- Capacity management
- Second line technical support for customer complaints;
- Installation, integration and acceptance testing of new VAS nodes and services
- Monitor Quality and Grade of service
- Deployment and successful integration of VAS products (SMSC, MMSC, Voicemail) into customer network environments
- Upgrades and expansions of VAS products within a customer production environment
- Trouble shooting issues of VAS integration, interfacing with multi vendors such IN, Core Network, Billing and other third parties, encompassing: SS7 and IP provision
- Study possible basic, supplementary and Value Added Service/ feature offerings, and recommend VAS products
- Fulfil the Service configuration and activation according to plan for Service Provisioning
out preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure system availability
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A degree from a recognized university in the field of Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Mathematical / Physical Sciences.
- A specialized Certificate from a recognized IT institution
- Experience and knowledge of GSM network architecture
- Good Knowledge in operating systems like Linux / UNIX / Solaris is an added advantage
- Experience with VAS systems like SMSC, SMPP-GW, Voice Mail, Voice SMS, RBT, SDP(Service Delivery Platform), RSC(Roaming Service Center), USSD, Collect Call, WAP/WEB Portal, Mobile TV, MMSC, WAP-GW, ADC & OTA, MTA(Mail Transfer Agent).
- Proven knowledge shell scripting and at least one high-level programming language like C/C++, Visual Basic is required.
- Proven Experience with MS Share point technology
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract variables.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very logical approach to all issues.
- Ability to analyze processes in a detailed manner.
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline