Job Title: Temporary Driver
Reports to: Program Assistant
EngenderHealth works to improve the health and well-being of people in the poorest communities of the world. We do this by sharing our expertise in sexual and reproductive health and transforming the quality of health care. We promote gender equity, advocate for sound practices and policies, and inspire people to assert their rights to better, healthier lives. Working in partnership with local organizations, we adapt our work in response to local needs.
Fistula Care is an Associate Cooperative Agreement Award granted by USAID to EngenderHealth. The purpose of Fistula Care is to strengthen the capacity of hospitals to provide fistula repair, to enhance community and facility understanding and practices to prevent fistula, to gather, analyze, report and use data to strengthen the quality of fistula services, and to strengthen the supportive environment to institutionalize fistula prevention, repair and reintegration programs.
Job Summary: The Driver will transport EngenderHealth personnel to various destinations using the project vehicle in a safe and courteous manner. The Driver is responsible for the safe operation of the assigned vehicle in the performance of various types of duties. The driver will also be required to execute other duties as assigned by program assistant.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support training/workshop preparations, seminars and or related activities by making sure that materials, equipment and stationery are packed and delivered to venues.
- Support staff with the compilation of the reports to include photocopying, binding, and distribution to various stakeholders.
- Support program data entry and documentation as and when required
- Ensure that parcels and letters from the post office are delivered to the office in a timely manner.
- Ensure availability of medical and non-medical consumables for all trainings and site visits with technical guidance from relevant staff.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports regarding vehicle maintenance as stipulated in the checklist, travel plans and trip reports to the Program Assistant.
- Ensure availability of medical and non-medical consumables for all trainings and site visits.
- Ensure appropriate use of the assigned vehicle accounting for each trip using the log book and developed travel plans. Accurately record all trips in the assigned logbook and relevant paper work
- Reconcile fuel analysis with the log book and submit to the Program Assistant
- Ensure safe operation of the assigned vehicle, including inspection of required fluids, lights, tire conditions and overall condition of the vehicle.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the assigned vehicle at a dealer ( Toyota) as recommended by manufacturer and as need arises
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept properly and used to inform Program Assistant of any vehicle needs.
- May perform appropriate/ light preventive maintenance on the vehicle.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean at all times.
- Adhere to EH SOPs related to vehicle use.
- Report any problems identified in the vehicle and also ensuring all licenses and documents relating to the vehicle as renewed on time and as required.
- Support banking duties as and when required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of advanced level Certificate of Education (A-level), additional training in defensive driving will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a clean valid Ugandan Driving License and a certificate of good conduct are a condition for employment.
- Five years driving experience in a similar or related position.
- Knowledge of proper, safe operation of vehicles especially 4X4 vehicles.
- Excellent communication skills. Good command of English language and ability to work in multi-cultural settings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good personality and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of the Uganda Road Codes and geography of Kampala and Uganda road network.
- Skills in identifying basic mechanical problems with the assigned vehicle.
- Ability to assess mechanical problems, perform light preventive maintenance and ensure proper maintenance of vehicles.
- Ability to operate the assigned vehicle in a safe, courteous manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and widen his/her skills
- Willing to perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
All interested job applicants should visit our website’s career page at www.engenderhealth.org or Click Here to submit their details online.
Deadline: 20th June 2013.