Job Title: Store Keeper
Organisation: Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
The Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) has signed a cooperative agreement with the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to strengthen Institute capacity through the management and coordination of laboratory surveillance, epidemiology, public health evaluations and training in Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Job Summary: The Store Keeper will supervise all Program store operations to ensure that stock is efficiently and effectively received, stored, and delivered to the end-users.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish appropriate stores management procedures as mentioned in the inventory procedures manual.
- Enter the supplies delivered to the project store, and raise the necessary documentation
- Ensure safe and clean storage of supplies
- Liaise with the respective users to maintain up-to-date information on required stock levels to ensure continuous availability
- Prepare regular reports on stock balances, stock received, stock issued, stock value and stock location.
- Carry out periodic stock taking and adequate records for inventory management
- Ensure that supplies are received, stored, and issued in accordance with the technical requirements for the items stored.
- Ensure that technical items are received in the presence of a user, who shall verify that the required specifications have been fulfilled.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The job holder should possess a degree in store-keeping or a related field. Additional qualifications like CIPS or post graduate diploma/degree in store keeping or a related field will be an advantage.
- A minimum of at least three years experience preferably in a health-related store of a reputable organization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of MS Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of Quick Books will be an added advantage.
- High integrity, motivated to work and willing to learn.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send copies of academic certificates, transcripts, a CV, including names of at least two work-related referees indicating their contacts with e-mail and phone numbers should be forwarded to the address to: The Director, Uganda Virus Research Institute P.O. Box 49 Entebbe, Uganda. Or hand delivered to his office on Plot 51-59 Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe Municipality, Uganda.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.