Job Title: Senior Engineer I –VAS & IN Operations
Organisation: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Engineer VAS/IN Operations
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Engineer I –VAS & IN Operations will ensure Fault free operation and maximum Service availability and Quality of the IN &VAS Platforms including but not limited to SDPs, CCNs, Voucher Servers, AIR Servers, MINSAT as well as SMSCs, USSD and other Value Added Services through Regular Proactive Maintenance tasks and Close Network and Systems Monitoring.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a Key role in IN & VAS Upgrades to the latest versions and ensure Systems documentation arising from Upgrades, Updates and New activations.
- Ensure execution of Work Orders within required SLAs and dates as required by the business.
- Participate in design Reviews, System’s Support, Operation and Maintenance of the Prepaid and Value Added Service nodes including Ericsson Voucher Servers, AIR Servers, CCNs, USSD Platforms, SMSCs according to documented procedures, processes and Change Management Policy.
- Initiate Customer Service Requests with Equipment Vendors in regard to faults/anomalies experienced on the IN&VAS nodes and follow up to Resolution.
- Provide support in the Multi – functional matrix support structure within Network Operations i.e. Core Network, VAS/IN and Packet Switching Sections.
- Ensure timely communication of any fault events in line with departmental and Companywide escalation Procedures.
- Provide Technical Expertise on Prepaid and VAS Risk Management and Revenue Assurance as well as attend to Audit items raised by Internal/External Auditors on the Prepaid and VAS nodes.
- Oversee the Implementation of new VAS & IN products and solutions
- Assume the role of tier II escalation point for faults within the Prepaid and VAS nodes
on any other tasks that are assigned form time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- At least two years experience in a GSM Network environment with at least a year's experience working on IN/Prepaid and Value Added Service Platforms.
- Competence with Oracle or MySQL Databases, with certifications.
- Proficiency with UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems.
- Other attributes
- Good Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills.
- Team player, flexible and able to participate in emergency works.
- Highly organized and structured individual.
to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with MTN Uganda should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.
Deadline: Thursday, 27th June, 2013.