Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regulatory & Competition Affairs Advisor
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Officer will;
- Provide general legal inputs and expertise to the Uganda Telecom business strategy that will create maximum future benefits and deliver shareholder value.
- Provide legal and other support in the Regulatory & Competition Affairs Unit within the framework of an agreed business strategy and to meet operational targets for return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal support to the general legal specialist team in implementing the Uganda Telecom strategy within a framework agreed by the Chief Legal Counsel & Corporate Affairs Officer, which meets requirements for creating and delivering shareholder value, ensuring adequate property protection.
- Provide support to the general legal specialists team in creating a successful Regulatory & Competition Advice Unit which meets investors’ requirements for profitability, including representing Uganda Telecom in courts of law.
- Maintaining effective commercial relationships with Government, regulatory and competition authorities, ensuring that the Uganda Telecom position is well represented and fully understood
- Provide support in implementing the legal affairs strategy and ensure operational effectiveness on a day-to-day basis.
- Meeting or exceeding business performance targets in areas such as return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Delivering on set performance objectives.
- Ensuring that all set targets are met and/ or exceeded.
- Provide legal expertise for cases and negotiations and settlement of disputes.
- Providing assistance and support to the Regulatory & Competition Affairs Advisor
that Uganda Telecom conforms to investors’ expectations by supplying
relevant investor briefings relating to Regulatory compliance, relations
and competition strategy legal advice, as required by the Regulatory &
Competition Affairs Advisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Applicant should possess a Bachelor of Laws degree and a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice. A Masters Degree in Law is an added advantage
- Three or more years in a large regulatory affairs department
- Corporate membership of a professional legal body e.g. Uganda Law Society and a holder of a valid Practicing Certificate
- Experience in the telecommunications or ICT sectors
- Analytical thinking
- Situational and transformational leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Personal commitment to meet or exceed all targets and objectives
- Ability to work with teams
- Ability to provide sound professional advice to the Company.
- Utmost professional integrity
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline