Job Title: Principal Accountant
Organisation: Centenary Bank
Reports to: Chief Manager Finance & Administration
Centenary Bank, the leading Commercial Micro-finance Bank in Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, experienced and competent persons in the following field:
Job Summary: The Principal accountant will be charged with the responsibility of preparing and remitting the Bank’s tax insurance and any other statutory returns as assigned in line with the law.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion the division’s cost optimization campaign through identifying tax planning initiatives.
- Liaise with the Bank’s tax consultants to prepare and submit semiannual provisional and final annual Corporation Tax return in line with the Income Tax Act.
- Prepare and file the Bank’s monthly VAT returns.
- Prepare and submit monthly tax returns for Withholding Tax and NSSF, for remittance to regulatory bodies.
- Prepare the Bank’s monthly PAYE return to the regulatory body and in line with the law.
- Prepare and remit the Bank’s monthly insurance premiums to insurance authorities in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance to the Company and tax laws for all tax returns from the Bank.
- Prepare and submit Stamp duty returns to the regulatory body.
- Periodically reconcile the tax balances in the returns to the ledger balances.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- An honors Degree in Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration and other relevant courses from a recognized University.
- Possession of ACCA, CPA level 2 qualification will be added advantage
- A Diploma in Tax Management is an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in tax management and planning.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Ms Computer applications.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage several deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
- Good Team work skills.
How to apply:
All those interested in working with this prestigious banking institution download an Application for employment form from www.centenarybank.co.ug, fill it and enclose a detailed CV, Certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address of both applicant, and three competency referees to: The General Manager, Human Resources Centenary Bank P.O Box 1892, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 17th June, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline