Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG)
Duty Station : UHMG Head Office – Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.” Our Core Values are; Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the operation of the project M&E activities on HIV Counseling and Testing program, which includes: Operating and monitoring the data management system; Conducting quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement (QI); Providing support to project performance management unit’s (PPMUs) on data collection, management and use; Assisting M&E Manager in data and report analysis and building the M&E plan of project; Being in charge of conducting other tasks and duties assigned by M&E Manager and the project Management. This staff has also responsibility of report tracking of all activities of the project. Furthermore, this officer assists the M&E Manager in producing the general report of project M&E activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile Data for the HCT monthly management report, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Review the HCT client cards, HCT registers, Pre-ART, and referral registers to ensure data quality.
- Mentor/Coach Good Life Clinics to ensure only high quality of data is entered in into the registers
- Compile and write monthly summary reports.
- Ensure project data is entered into the database.
- Support the project research component
- Assist in Data analysis to support timely report writing.
- Ensure proper filing of all HCT client cards and referral forms.
Assisting M&E Manager in setting up the system:
- Assisting in developing the HCT component of the overall framework for project M&E.
- Helping to develop and guiding the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each activity/component, to record and report the data collected.
- Assisting in drawing up the plan and TOR for mid-term evaluation
- Giving information for developing evidence-based plans in integrated HCT.
- Supporting to set up the periodical action plans in the technical aspects of data use/management and quality improvement (QI).
- Assisting in developing a plan for project-related capacity building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required
- Assisting in organizing and undertaking training with stakeholders in M&E skills.
Implementation of M&E:
- Supporting the team to develop tools, templates for collecting information. And ensuring that those tools and templates are used accordingly with requirement and guidance.
- Supporting the maintenance of standards and quality of services and activities to meet project objectives and strategies.
- Reviewing and analyzing monitoring reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in HCT support using all approaches 4-tent, clinics and community outreaches.
- Providing relevant information and analysis to identify and address priorities, major issues when expanding program and sites in HCT support.
- Collecting lessons learned in the previous implementation of activities to give program improvement for expanding activities.
- Attending to refresher training in M&E for implementing partner staff.
- Undertaking regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and conduct Technical Assistance /Quality Assurance activities.
- Guiding staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports.
- Providing analysis and comments on selection of priorities, process of implementation.
- Providing feedback on aspects included in: Output, progress, quality, costs from supervision.
- Providing available statistical data as required.
- Assisting in giving information for description of factual context in activity implementation and sites.
- Analyzing program statistical data and providing feedbacks to revise and adjust for quality improvement of activities and services.
- Sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project officers and implementing partners.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelors degree from accredited college or university in Public Health Social Science/Services, or a related field. Master’s Degree in related field is desirable.
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in Public Health, or a related field with a strong foundation in statistics, research design/analysis, and qualitative/quantitative evaluation.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget. Interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- At least three years of experience in M&E.
- Experience with the USG funding process is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates willing to work with UHMG should send their applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please deliver your applications to the UHMG reception.
Deadline: 14th June 2013 by 4:30pm