Organisation: Save the Children in Uganda
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager, Northern Region
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 170 persons. We save children's lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfill their potential. In 2012, we reached more than 100 million children around the world.
Job Summary: The Manager is responsible for the Youth Skills Enhancement Project (YSEP). He/she will provide programmatic leadership and management including; planning, implementation, capacity enhancement In addition, the job holder will be responsible for delivering the project results and objectives monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting both internally (within SC1) and externally (for/with partners/to). The Manager may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelors' Degree in Social Work, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education particularly Non Formal education and/or any related field.
- A Post-graduate training in project planning & management, monitoring and evaluation, or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of accrued working experience with a minimum of 3 years in a management position in an international NGO dealing with child and/or youth-focused interventions .
- Experience working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas more so occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should submit their applications with cover letters and a detailed CVs indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to: The Director of Human Resources & Administration Save the Children Plot 68/70, Kiira Road P O Box 12018, Kampala, Uganda Or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 21st June, 2013
NB: Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline