Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Information Systems
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Manager Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse will provide technical expertise in Ware house development and optimization, hands-on ETL development, and hands-on front-end reporting including coordination of multiple report generation so that report delivery is according to the business requirements
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with business unit BI analysts to understand business and reporting requirements to translate these needs into efficient data, and develops programs and software. Integration, extraction, and transformation processes between operational systems and the Data warehouse.
- Automation of business reports
- Leads the discussion with the business on new reporting requirements
- Coordinates with other technical teams within IT to extend DW subject areas, as well as to share and disseminate data throughout the enterprise.
- Provides thought leadership in Data warehouse schema and database performance tuning. Additionally, understands how the front-end reporting tool influences these aspects.
- Responsible for the structure, attributes, and nomenclature of data elements, as well as the application of accepted standards to data warehouse projects.
- Capacity management to ensure the BI environment is scalable, extensible, and supportable for the future reporting requirements.
- Research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the enterprise and the technical strategies.
- Responsible for Reporting, analytics, data exploration.
- Develop, implement, and maintain data models and database designs to build data warehouses, data marts, as necessary.
- Develop documentation of BI and Enterprise Data warehouse business processes and procedures
- Optimize data access and data loading techniques.
- Functions as second-tier support and management to business unit BI analysts, providing guidance and data analysis that is beyond their technical capability or reach.
- Dedicated to completing assigned tasks and high-quality deliverables under deadline.
- Proactively learn and apply new technologies as required
- Supervision of EDW staff including, but not limited to, conducting performance reviews, mentoring staff in best practice and problem solving, supervision of project tasks and resource allocation to projects
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or Information Technology
- Five or more years working experience in the DW/BI environment preferably in a Telecom environment
- Experience implementing operational (OLTP) and dimensional (OLAP) logical and physical design for Data Marts, Data Warehouses and Business intelligence solutions.
- Experience with Infobright, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Parallel data warehouse, Microsoft Reporting Services, Talend, Business Objects universe design and reporting
- Experience in Data analysis and modeling at the enterprise level.
- Knowledge of database internals: partitioning, indices, star schema, optimization, materialized views, and parallel queries.
- Ability to conduct quality control/auditing to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation and networking skills.
- Strong team and collaborative skills, ability to lead/perform in a team environment.
- High level of personal energy and willingness to take the initiative in planning and organizing daily work.
- Good judgment in discerning between priority and non-priority issues.
- Strong desire to acquire and apply new skills in a constantly evolving highly technical environment.
- Strategic Thinking; Innovation and Creativity; Risk Taking and Risk Management; Results Orientation skills
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline