Job Title: Laboratory Projects Coordinator
Organisation: African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Duty Station: AFENET Secretariat, Kampala, Uganda
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programs (FELTPs) across Africa working with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiological and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy, and the International Health Regulations (IHR). Established in 2005, AFENET has supported more than 20 African countries across sub-Saharan Africa advance their capabilities in early detection and response to infectious and non infectious diseases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of laboratory quality management systems among the Network African countries.
- Assist in the roll out of in-country laboratory management trainings and SLMTA.
- Support the implementation of External Quality Assessment (EQA) such as: Dried Tube Specimen (DTS) technology for HIV serology.
- Provide technical assistance in laboratory mentoring and assist in laboratories towards sustained improvement.
- Working closely with Ministries of Health and other partners, implement new initiatives related to the laboratory strengthening activities.
- Participate in the grant proposal and budget writing.
- Participate in report writing as required by funding organizations on progress of laboratory activities and mentorship plans.
- Working closely with the Laboratory Projects Coordinator, provide updates and quarterly reports to the Ministries of Health and relevant stakeholders on progress of laboratory strengthening activities.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The job holder should hold a Masters degree in Public Health or M.Sc Medical microbiology with a bias in Laboratory Science (or equivalent professional qualifications).
- Holder of Certificate in ISO 15189 or Strengthening Laboratory Management towards Accreditation (SLMTA) is preferred.
- At least five years experience in Laboratory management or quality systems implementation.
- Previous experience working with collaborating partners and Ministry of Health and implementing Quality Management Systems in accredited Laboratories is added advantage.
- Related qualifications in Biostatistics and Data analysis are of added advantage.
in identification of Health problems pertinent to populations and
organizing surveillance activities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send a resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to: The Administration & Human Resource Office African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AFENET Secretariat Plot 4B, Mabua Road, Kololo P.O BOX 12874, Kampala, Uganda Tel: +256 417 700 650 Fax: +256 312 265 595 www.afenet.net
NB: Please note that all applications should be sent online. ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline