Job Title: IT Support Officer
Organisation: Makerere University Iganga/Mayuge Health & Demographic Surveillance Site Project
Duty Station: Iganga, Uganda
Makerere University through the Directorate of Research & Graduate Training (DRGT) with funding from Swedish International Development cooperation Agency (Sida/SAREC) is implementing the lganga/Mayuge Health & Demographic Surveillance Site (HDSS) project. The site is a population based research centre covering parts of Iganga and Mayuge districts. Data about births, deaths, migration and morbidity is routinely collected as well as verbal autopsies. Besides, research on malaria, pneumonia, newborn survival, injury and disability, epilepsy. hernia and diabetes is collected.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Do routine maintenance and servicing of IT equipment at the site
- Maintain and regularly update the site's website with relevant information and documentation Provide technical support for use of mobile handheld devices in data collection such as notebooks and PDAs
- Maintain an up to-date Household Registration System (HRS) database
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Knowledge of Application development using VB.NET
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to work and live in rural area.
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates should send their curriculum vita along with an application letter and official copies of educational transcripts addressed to the Site Leader, Iganga/Mayuge HDSS C/o Room 11, Makerere University School of Public Health, Mulago Hospital or The HDSS Project Office located at lganga District Medical service Offices Building, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th June 2013 by 12:00 PM
NB: Please provide a reliable 24 hour phone contact preferably personal one. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.