Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Audit & Risk Management
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Manager will;
- Provide managerial audit inputs in achieving the Uganda Telecom business strategy that will create and deliver shareholder value.
- Direct the management of operations in Audit within the framework of an agreed business strategy, to objectively and independently evaluate operations in meeting targets for return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of audit experts in implementing the Uganda Telecom strategy within a framework agreed by the Head of Audit and Risk Management
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive, flexible annual audit plan, in line with company core strategy, values and objectives, for approval by the Head of Audit and risk Management
- Building quality Audit processes in line with international auditing standards and code of conduct and direct its technical and administrative functions in line with business strategy and ensure operational effectiveness on a day-to-day basis.
- Leading a team of audit experts in evaluating company operating, management, and financial systems/processes, both automated and manual.
- Examining the effectiveness of all levels of management in their stewardship and accountability of company resources and their compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reporting significant issues on the results of audit examinations, on a timely basis, including recommendations for improvement to the Head of Audit and Risk management, and appropriate levels of management.
- Making recommendations designed to improve controls, achieve company objectives, safeguard company resources, achieve implementation of best practices, promote company growth, and ensure compliance with statutory obligations and company policies.
- Explaining Uganda Telecom’s audit strategy to key stakeholders and ensuring that it drives operational staff.
- Appraising the adequacy of the action taken by operating staff to correct reported deficient conditions.
- Conducting special examinations at the request of the Head of Audit and Risk management
- Submitting reports to the Head of Audit and Risk management on a timely basis
- Obtaining, maintaining and developing/training an audit staff capable of accomplishing the internal auditing function.
- Appraising internal audit staff and providing counsel on their performance and professional development.
relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor audit progress against
targets and take appropriate action to ensure that all targets are met or
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, business administration or related field from a recognised university
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. CIA, ACCA, CPA, CISA or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 year’s audit/accounting experience in a large organisation or audit firm, 3 of which should be in a senior management position
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g. IIA, ICPAU or equivalent
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven report writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM