Job Reference: FM/06/13
Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Uganda
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world: Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. FHI 360- Uganda has a proposed 5-year project which will be a district- based and integrated health and health systems strengthening project in Uganda funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership on administrative, finance, accounting and reporting matters as it relates to the implementation of the project
- Analyse, develop and monitor accounting of fiscal control procedures and program budgets
- Prepare and review program financial reports, monitor and track obligations and expenditures
- Supervise the on-going development arid maintenance of financial reporting and budgeting systems
- Monitor and provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID
- Manage project procurement processes
- Liaise with external auditors in the review of project expenditures
other project-based administrative. finance, and contract & grants
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The manager should possess an MS/MA/MBA in Finance or related field
- At least eight years work experience in financial management of large ($20M.) international development programs
- Extensive knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Familiarity with USAID Rules and Regulations on Cooperative Agreements
- Ability to work Independently and manage a high volume work flow
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working in Uganda preferred.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume by email to: Ugandafirstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Job Ref Number in the email subject line.
Deadline: 28th June, 2013