Job Title: Engineer III-HLS & IN Operations
Organisation: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Engineer VAS/IN Operations
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Engineer III will be required to control and maintain the VAS & IN systems and Service Layer and ensure a high quality prepaid network and service availability of added services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of VAS/IN infrastructure / services through execution of routine maintenance tasks and speedy fault resolution.
- Attend to VAS/IN incidents escalated from the VAS-NOC.
- Liaise with and escalate faults to respective vendors for resolution.
- Resolution of work orders as assigned by internal customers.
- Act as a resource for VAS/IN capacity expansion works as well as new node product integration into MTN Network.
- Administer Solaris OS and databases with in VAS/IN.
availability of VAS systems (SMSC, MCA, USSD services, Voice SMS)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Engineer should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering, Data Communications & Software Engineering.
- Competence with oracle and MySQL databases, shell scripting. UNIX/LINUX system administration.
- At least a year’s experience in mobile GSM network environment.
- Knowledge of data communications and networking concepts.
- He/she must be willing to work long hours and participate in emergency works as well.
- Good analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- High level of integrity.
- A quick and self-motivated learner.
- Self – directed, resilient, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player, flexible and able to participate in emergency works.
- Highly organized and structured individual.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with MTN Uganda should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.
Deadline: Thursday, 27th June, 2013.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline