Job Title: Domestic Interconnect Officer
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Interconnect Manager
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Domestic Interconnect Officer domestic traffic and present trend reports to management for key decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor traffic trends on a daily basis according to expected volumes, and immediately liaise with IT/Technical/Switch teams if anomalies are noticed.
- Liaise with IT to resolve rejected and suspense CDRs.
- Monitor originating and terminating rates of domestic traffic.
- Monitor routing instructions to ensure they are executed by switch as advised by domestic business.
- Carry out a cost benefit analysis of traffic routing ensuring least cost.
- Carry out domestic reconciliation, netting and generation of invoices in a timely manner Liaise and interface with technical teams to offer best traffic management.
- Present related business reports and maintain data banks of all domestic traffic and billing information.
- Interface with legal and finance teams for efficient service.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should have a University degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering related fields management
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Telecommunications environment.
- In depth knowledge of charging and billing systems, both real time and offline. Retail (Prepaid and Postpaid) and wholesale (Interconnect and Roaming) Billing
- Good knowledge of excel and other report writing tools
- Hands on with Operating Systems (Unix/Linux, Windows 2003/2008) to at least advanced user level
- Knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL server) to DBA level
- Flexible attitude to working times / arrangements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and extremely focused self-driven, innovative and creative.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across different functions and organizations
- Analytical and solutions focused mindset
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and respond to high-priority situations
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM