Organisation: ZOA Uganda
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Manager AS4Y
Reports to: Manager AS4Y
ZOA is an International Non-Governmental Organisation working in Uganda since 1998. It’s mission is to assist in rebuilding the livelihoods of peoples who are affected by human conflict or natural disaster. We operate in 17 countries in Africa and Asia. Our community based programme in Uganda concentrates on Food Security, Livelihoods/ Economic Development, Vocational Training, Education and WASH in close cooperation with local organizations and local government. This year ZOA will embark on a new multi-year project “Agri Skills 4 You” (hereafter AS4Y) funded by the Dutch Government and coordinated by ICCO/KIA to develop skills among farmers and youth for market–oriented agriculture in West Nile region. The objective of the project is increased income and improved food security for rural households in West Nile. Currently the project falls under the ZOA Nwoya programme. The project will be implemented in partnership with the Ugandan NGO CEFORD.
Job Summary: The Coordinator will be responsible for mentoring the Vocational Training Institutes and support CEFORD in skills development of youth. The Coordinator will also play a supporting role to the Project Manager AS4Y. The Coordinator will work closely with CEFORD’s Project Officers that are working on coaching of youth. The Coordinator will ensure activities are planned, organized and monitored following approved project plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements activities as described in the project proposal based on ZOA’s country policy
- Coaching of Vocational Training Institutions
- Support and ensure quality of youth related activities
- Support the Project Manager in Trainings of Trainers
- Ensures implementation and monitoring of the project in line with donor requirements
- Give reports on the project progress on a monthly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Coordinator should posses a Degree or Diploma in Agriculture Economics, Education, Adult education, Development studies or other relevant field.
- A minimum of three years working experience in a similar position
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working in the vocational training sector and familiar with BTVET polices
- Competence in working with youth.
- Excellent communication, writing and facilitation skills in English and preferably a local language of the West Nile sub-region
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic person (able to develop the best approach)
- Computer literacy skills
Self motivator, having the ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in an innovative environment where plans are developed fast and open for change
- Ability and skills to coordinate projects in communities that have hosted Internally Displaced People/refugees
- Able to ride a motorcycle with a valid driving/riding license
How to Apply:
If interested in working with ZOA Uganda under the AS4Y project as Coordinator VTI /Youth, Please send your application letter together with curriculum vitae , names and contacts of three referees to: email@example.com in subject header: the position you are applying for. When applying by email send only application letter and CV.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 5th July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline