Job Title: Coordinator Agriculture
Organisation: ZOA Uganda
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Manager AS4Y
Reports to: Manager AS4Y
ZOA is an International Non-Governmental Organisation working in Uganda since 1998. It’s mission is to assist in rebuilding the livelihoods of peoples who are affected by human conflict or natural disaster. We operate in 17 countries in Africa and Asia. Our community based programme in Uganda concentrates on Food Security, Livelihoods/ Economic Development, Vocational Training, Education and WASH in close cooperation with local organizations and local government. This year ZOA will embark on a new multi-year project “Agri Skills 4 You” (hereafter AS4Y) funded by the Dutch Government and coordinated by ICCO/KIA to develop skills among farmers and youth for market–oriented agriculture in West Nile region. The objective of the project is increased income and improved food security for rural households in West Nile. Currently the project falls under the ZOA Nwoya programme. The project will be implemented in partnership with the Ugandan NGO CEFORD.
Job Summary: The Coordinator Agriculture will be charged with building the capacity of Networks/Agri business clusters and linking them to the private sector. The coordinator will work closely with CEFORD Project Officers that are working on Training and coaching of farmers under the same project. The coordinator will ensure activities are planned, organized and monitored following approved project plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements activities as described in the project proposal based on ZOA’s country policy
- Carries out training needs assessments and develops trainings for farmers in the project.
- Organize trainings, study tours, study circles and key stakeholder meetings for the farmer groups.
- Ensures implementation and monitoring of the project in line with donor requirements
- Organizes meetings with relevant stakeholders in liaison with CEFORD Project officers in order to build and maintain relations.
Reports on the project progress on a monthly basis.
- Establishes Village Based Information Systems, Farmers resource Centres and District Agro Business Clusters
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Coordinator should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Agriculture, agriculture Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years successful experience in a similar position and/or agricultural extension services
- Extensive knowledge and know how of agro business plan development and profitability analysis.
Excellent communication, writing and facilitation skills
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic person (able to develop the best approach)
Computer literacy skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word
- Self motivator, having the ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in an innovative environment where plans are developed fast and open for change
- Ability and skills to coordinate projects in communities that have hosted Internally Displaced People/refugees
- Able to ride a motorcycle with a valid driving/riding license
How to Apply:
If interested in working with ZOA Uganda under the AS4Y project as Coordinator Agriculture, Please send your application letter together with curriculum vitae , names and contacts of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org in subject header: the position you are applying for. When applying by email send only application letter and CV.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 5th July, 2013