Job Title: Capital Logistician
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO. For over' thirty years it has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in Lira, Apac, Oyam, Otuke, Gulu, Kaabong, Napak and Moroto Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervision of the logistics team at the head office:
- Supervise the logistics team: purchase officer, storekeeper, radio operator, drivers, mechanic, watchmen as may be appropriate
- Assists clarify and adjust job descriptions of the capital logistics team
- Provide support in terms of training/capacity building to team members
- Fill the gap (be the backup) of any logistic team member in the organization when need arises.
- Field movement and support to the base logistician when required.
2. Procurement management
- Collect the orders from the head office and bases, and update the procurement follow-up
- Elaborate a monthly purchase forecast based on the procurement planning tool and pending orders
- Ensure an update of the catalogue (price list) is done every three months through regular quotations or call for interests
3. Storage and transport management:
- Follow-up the stock management (storage conditions, stock reports, expiry dates.)
- Monitor deliveries to the departments/bases/ programmes
- Follow-up the clearance process for freight arriving by international flight.
4. Equipment and fleet management :
- Supervise the allocation and use of equipments and Update the head office equipment list.
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repair of the equipments
- Monitor any needed construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of all structures related to the functioning of the capital base (office, guest-house, warehouse... etc).
- Manage and ensure the daily communication systems (radio, phones...) runs smoothly.
- Ensure the standard ACF communication procedures are respected in the capital and on the bases.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Capital logistician should posses a first degree in Logistics and Procurement Management or any other equivalent area.
- Three years working experience in a busy office setting.
- Experience with an NGO in a similar role is an added advantage.
- Experience in liaising with insurance companies.
- Demonstrated oven and clean integrity/character with ability to work in a cross cultural exposure.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Written Spoken)
- Computer literacy particularly Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to support, motivate, and train staff.
How to Apply:
All those interested should send their applications including a cover letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of academic certificates and a daytime telephone contact. For e-mail applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 3 MB. Any larger email will not be considered. Address your email application to: email@example.com and specify the subject line as “Capital Logistician.” Address your hard copy application to the Base Administrator in ACF bases in Uganda — Gulu, Otuke, Moroto or Kaabong and Logistics Coordinator in Kampala on Plot 4303 Kiwafu Road Kansanga. Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 5th July 2013 by 5:000 PM. Action Again Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer