Job Title: Business Analyst – Marketing
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Intelligence & Research Manager
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Business Analyst – Marketing will;
- Provide statistical input to the UTL business strategy that will create and deliver shareholder value.
- Operational management of Analytics and statistics of the Marketing & PD Department within the framework of an agreed business strategy, meeting operational targets for profitability and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the architecture & design of commercial reporting is harmonized across the company and is as per industry standard implementations.
- Assist the line managers in scoping and design of new and existing reports & data
- Uses skills in data design and modeling techniques to develop analytics, reports & their representation as per agreed formats.
- Develop business rules /naming standards in line with defined standards, develop consistent data definitions, standard calculations and derivations.
- Explore and recommend latest BI tools and technologies that are aligned with Business strategy and requirements
- Assist in planning of the overall architecture of the reports, including performance considerations, storage selections, data schemas, and subject definitions.
- Uses skills in data design and modeling techniques to develop daily, weekly, monthly and Adhoc reports according to the proposed design.
- Identify issues and recommend initiatives to address data quality and data integrity.
- Ensure that the reports & data deliver business value and are aligned with the strategy of the Business.
- Analyze project’s scope for accuracy and relevance with the end user’s requirements and formulate these into robust data/report requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining Data Standards and Data Governance across Commercial Domain & BI.
- Identifies issues and recommends initiatives to address data quality and data integrity.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Two or more years of a strategic statistics function within the telecommunications sector or related
- Competence in Statistics and/or Financial Analysis
- Proven track record of consistent performance in telecommunications or related industry
- Demonstrable research capability
- Two or more years experience in Telecoms
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong commercial sense
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM