Job Title: Assistant Information Management Officer
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Reports to: Information Management Officer
Duty Station: TASO Service Centre / Rukungiri, Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Assistant Information Management Officer will support the Information Management Officer to ensure proper management of data and information systems at the Centre
Key Performance Areas:
- Data routinely validated and cleaned
- Data entry supervised
backup ensured a Logistical support to Part time Data entry clerks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the sorting process of physical files before entry into computers
- Ensure timely entry of quality data by Part time Data Entry Clerks
- Carry out routine entry of service centre data
- Do routine data cleaning and validation II
- Carry out routine data analysis and reporting
- Make daily data backups
- Provide technical support to Part time Data Entry Clerks and Records Clerks
- Monitor to ensure proper usage and smooth running of all information systems at the centre
- Effectively participate in service centre surveys and operational research
- Offer technical support and training to data collectors and other end-users
- Ensure proper usage and maintenance of ICT equipment at the service centre
- Enter data
- Provide logistical support to the Planning and Strategic Information department.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Assistant Information Management Officer should have a Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science or Business Computing.
- Two or more years experience in Data-Management preferably in health related work Special Knowledge TASO policy on data management, Ethical issues in data management, and Rights of PLWHAs
- ICT Skills, Data Management Skills, Communication Skills, Analytical skills, and Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply:
All those who suit the portfolio of working with TASO Uganda should send their resume(CV), copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees. Please firmly staple your papers together specify the position applied for on the top right corner of the envelope. TASO offers a competitive package for all the positions.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to: The Human Resource & Administration Director P.O. BOX 10443, Kampala, Uganda OR hand-deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital.
Deadline: 28th June 2013