Job Title: Administrative/Facilities Assistant
Organisation: World Bank – Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Resource Management Officer, the STT
Job Summary: The Administrative/Facilities Assistant will work as part of the administrative and resource management staff in the Country Office
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Administrative Duties:
- Individual and consultant firm administration
- Follow up clearance of shipments for the country office
- Provide logistical support to internationally recruited staff
- Carry out physical inventory verification, recording, reconciliation and monitoring of movements within the office
- Ensure that all assets are identifiable and are appearing in SAP Inventory
- Participate in asset disposal activities
- Ensure that office equipment and furniture are maintained in serviceable condition
- Follow up maintenance of office/residences’ equipment and systems by the selected service providers
- Provide and carry out the full range office support work including but not limited to processing visas, office vehicle licensing, and foreign affairs related manners etc.
- Maintain up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronically).
- Prepare and verify purchase analyses and manual purchase orders
- Maintain office supplies, consumables database and central stores
- Custody of petty cash and disbursement
- Compile and submit VAT invoices for refunds
2. Facilities Management:
- Coordinate office building issues with building management
- General oversight of office facilities and undertake planned maintenance in order to prevent major breakdown of equipment of disruptions of services.
- Respond to service calls on fire, smoke, heating/cooling and ventilation, etc
- Contact pre-approved vendors for electrical and other works for maintenance and repairs and ensuring that works are carried out expeditiously.
- Ensure that contracts for office equipment maintenance and repairs are in place and valid at all times.
- Implement all office greening initiatives.
- Provide administrative support in the maintenance of the overall office security plan
- Crisis management – in collaboration with the Resource Management Officer, update the crisis plan bi-annually.
- Work closely with the RMO to ensure compliance with UN and WBG security standards,
- Supervise office security guards
- Maintain inventory of & servicing hand-held radios
- Participate in other security & safety matters.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- S/he should be a holder of a college diploma/associate degree (or higher) administration, office management or a related discipline
- At least three years of working experience, preferably in computerized work environment.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with World Bank should submit their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or hand deliver/courier to:
The Resource Management Officer
The World Bank
4th Floor Rwenzori House
1 Lumumba Avenue
Deadline: 10th June, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline