OFO CODE: 541201
Duty Station: Uganda
Our client in the telecom sector dealing in the management and maintenance of towers is seeking to recruit a result-driven and self-motivated candidate to fill the vacancy above.
Job Summary: The Receptionist is responsible to ensure all walk-in visitors are welcomed and dealt with appropriately in the reception area while presenting a professional image for the organisation that is aligned to the ATCSA brand. The receptionist is also responsible to greet appropriately all main switchboard incoming callers and deal with or redirect calls/queries. The Receptionist will work closely with the general public in order to ensure the smooth operation of the reception area and switchboard.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment
- Learning & Development; Ensure you have a Learning Plan in place and are driving your development and career aspirations.
- Employee Health, Safety & Environment; Ensure conformance to HSE Legislation and ATCSA Health, Safety and Environmental standards:- and report all health and safety matters and incidents.
- Performance Management; ensure you have goals and objectives in place and ensure you are working as a proactive team player in achieving all your goals.
- Self-Leadership; Represent ATCSA in a professional way at all times, adhere to HR policies and adhere to the Core Principles and demonstrate commitment to the Diversity Statement.
2. Coordination of the Reception Area
- Receive visitors by projecting a professional image at all times and ensuring the reception area is neat and tidy.
- Smile, greet visitors and ensure that they are made to feel welcome.
- Provide information to assist customers or refer them to appropriate contacts, either in the organization or elsewhere.
- Direct visitors to the correct /relevant people.
- Announce visitors and ensure they are fetched from reception.
- Screen walk-ins according to set standards.
3. Operation of the Main Switchboard
- Receive incoming calls, screen calls and direct calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensure detailed messages are forwarded on to relevant personnel immediately either telephonically or via email.
4. Resolution of “call-in” and “walk-in” customer queries
- Ensure that all customers / visitors queries related to company products, services and people are answered timeously, consistently, accurately and courteously.
- Establish and maintain the required standard of escalation with regards to customer complaints and compliments to the respective management timeously.
- Adhere to departmental daily routines, procedures, activities and ensure they are executed daily.
5. Ad hoc administrative Support
- Maintain the internal telephone list, ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Place stationery orders as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years+ receptionist/switchboard operator experience; Customer service experience will be advantageous.
- Relationship Management
- Verbal and written communication
- Customer orientation
- Problem solving
- Telephone etiquette
- Time management
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
- Proficient in all relevant ATCSA Systems
- Professional image aligned to brand
1. Functional Expertise
- Performs against the requirements of the position as outlined in his or her job description
- Applies knowledge and skills required for the position to produce quality work
- Stays informed of the latest developments and changes in the respective field and is personally committed to developing his or her skills
2. Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
3. External customer focus or internal team focus
4. Organizational Skills
How to apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
- Write an Application letter and CV/Resume.
- Merge these two documents into one document in either word or PDF format.
- Do not attach or send any scanned documents. These are sometimes too large for our inbox.
- Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Deadline: 21st May, 2013