Organisation: World Vision Uganda
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Project: Long term Investment for Food and Economic Empowerment in Uganda (LIFE)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Project Profile: LIFE (Long Term Investment for Food and Economic Empowerment) in Uganda is a four year Agriculture project funded by Australian Government through World Vision Australia to be implemented by World Vision Uganda. The project will be implemented in Kamwege, Kiboga, Mpigi, Nakasongola and Amuria Districts. The project is designed to achieve increased household food security in the targeted areas by 2017.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will manage and coordinate the LIFE Uganda project and provide technical support aimed at achieving well designed, integrated and sustainable food security initiatives in the selected Area Development Programmes (ADPs).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Project Management and Coordination
- Provide overall leadership, management and guidance to the development of project designs.
- Guide and provide technical support to staff.
- Manage and coordinate project activity implementation
- Supervise staff to ensure quality implementation of the project
- Project monitoring and evaluation
- Review of TORs for assessments/ baselines/ evaluations and relevant reports
- Facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting incompliance with agreed standards
2. Program Progress and Finance Management
- Develop business plan on LIFE Uganda project with a detailed implementation plan, including mainstreaming into ADP activities
- Participate in quality review and capacity building meetings
- Participate in the annual program planning and budgeting review exercises
- To produce timely, accurate, complaint and quality reports
- Performance management and supervision
- Manage, supervise and build capacity of staff in project development, management and implementation.
3. Project Development
- Guide staff in design and development of Annual Operation Plans
- Review project documents
- Engagement and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with LIFE Uganda and related issues
- Documentation, reporting and learning
- Timely submission of end of month reports
- Creation and distribution of training materials
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A university degree in Agriculture with a bias in Agronomy. A masters’ degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar or related position
- Must be computer literate especially in data analysis programs such as SPSS, EPI Info
- Must have a passion for Agriculture, eco-agriculture and related activities
- Ability to work and communicate in cross cultural environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agricultural organisations
- A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply:
All interested job applicants should submit their applications and complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to . Please address the application to the People and Culture Manager and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
Deadline: Friday 17th May, 2013
(Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply)
We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.