Organisation: Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU)
The Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU) is a network of microfinance institutions (MFIs) throughout Uganda representing 135 members.
Job Summary: The Microfinance Data Analyst will have the assignment of leading activities of MFI performance monitoring.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage MFI performance monitoring activities.
- Prepare and analyze financial performance reports for individual institutions, peer groups and the microfinance sector (national and international levels)
- Coordinating technical assistance and facilitating capacity building initiatives for institutions.
- Provide technical support to the users of the PMT, a system used in the industry for performance reporting.
- Promoting MFI performance monitoring and reporting.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders on performance monitoring.
- Support further development of the performance monitoring system.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate must be familiar with technical aspects of financial sector operations with emphasis on microfinance.
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Microfinance, Economics or equivalent
- At least three years experience as a financial analyst in microfinance or banking
- Strong knowledge in MFI accounting, reporting and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge in Word and excel - other programmes (databases, accounting programmes) are an added advantage.
- Ability for frequent travels upcountry.
How to apply:
All applications must be accompanied with an application letter, an updated CV and at least three professional references and send to the address given below;
Executive Director, Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU), Plot 679, Wamala Rd AMFIU House, Najjanankumbi, P.O Box 26056, Kampala, Uganda, or email:
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th May 2013.