Job Title: Logistics Assistant -Data
Grade: SB2/ Midpoint Service
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely, Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Assistant or any other designated officer, the incumbent will be responsible for data entry, data analysis, monitoring stock utilisation and produce regular reports and will be required to undertake the following;-
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry-out data entry into COMPAS on a daily basis according to CTS rules and procedures;
- Analyse COMPAS data on a daily basis for elimination of any irregularities to maintain a balance between COMPAS stock and physical stock figures at the sub office/ country office databases;
- Maintain a proper filing system for all documents received according to standing CTS rules and procedures;
- Carry-out daily data replications with the CO on a daily basis and produce a weekly status report;
- Monitor back up of data for data security;
- Attend to data requests and queries from other offices and staff members at the station;
- Offer user support to staff members at the station whenever called upon;
- Attend to CTS computer equipment and report any irregularities to ICT;
- Monitor food in transit and produce a weekly report on the same;
- Update the bi-weekly CTS task monitoring tool and make a follow- up oh the findings;
- Monitor and ensure proper handling of losses at sub-office and produce a monthly report on the same;
- Help in the training of new CTS staff and participate in the unit’s user support and training projects i.e. train and provide technical support to the persons using CTS systems;
- Manage and supervise NFIs in stock and ensure total utilisation;
- Maintain a NFI database and produce a monthly report on the same;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in either of the following fields : Accounts, Procurement & Logistics, Computer Science, Statistics or the equivalent, obtained from a recognized Institution;
- Or a Diploma in Accounts, Procurement & Logistics, Computer Science, Statistics coupled with longer relevant working experience;
- At least three years relevant working experience in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations gained from a reputable organization;
- Good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Access, MS Word & Excel and other Networking Operating Systems.
- Working experience with Relational Database Management System, Oracle, & SQL would be an asset.
- Good command of the English language.
How to apply:
Ugandan nationals who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates under confidential cover quoting on the envelop the vacancy announcement number and name of the applicant to: The Human Resources Officer UN World Food Programme, P. O. Box 7159, Kampala.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in a box at the reception of WFP Offices at plot 17-19, Clement Hill Road. Applicants should check on the Notice-Board at the main entrance to confirm that their applications have been received one week after the closing date. Applications must be received by the deadline and only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Please note that incomplete submission will be disregarded.
Deadline: Thursday, 25th April, 2013