Wageningen UR Uganda is an organization supporting societal learning and innovation processes (innovation systems) at macro, meso and micro level in Uganda that Involve different stakeholder groups working together on development Issues.
The Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) Uganda programme ‘ contributes to the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and marketoriented seed sector. The Dutch embassy funded programme will work with an integrative concept towards seed sector development, bringing seed sector stakeholders together, in jointly addressing key issues hampering the development of the sector as a whole such as quality assurance, and availability of foundation seeds.
The programme has three field offices; in Abi ZARDI West Nile, Mbarara ZARDI – Western Uganda, and in Ngetta ZARDI – Northern Uganda One agribusiness expert and one seed expert are based at each of the ZARDIs. In each geographical area, the programme works with 10 local seed businesses (LSB) with the aim of creating functional local seed businesses, i.e. supporting fanner groups in quality seed production and marketing of locally important crops and varieties.
Job Summary: The purpose of the knowledge management and communication coordinator is to support the Chief of Party and field based technical experts in coordinating evidence based learning among the seed sector stakeholders in Uganda and promote the ISSD concept within Uganda and abroad The knowledge management and communication coordinator reports to the Chief of Party.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a knowledge sharing and communication strategy for ISSD Uganda and keep it up to date.
- Support the technical experts in knowledge sharing and communication about ISSD and Local Seed Businesses.
- Facilitate organisational learning and reflective M&E processes.
- Organise and facilitate knowledge sharing activities and events.
- Support technical staff in the design of data collection tools.
- Support external studies and research.
- Facilitate the development of a wide range of documentation materials and publications so as to enhance a wide scale of sharing of lessons learnt, experiences, and innovations in the seed sector in Uganda.
- Coordinate the publication of ISSD materials through appropriate communication channels such as dyers, newsletters, magazines, stories, newspaper articles, radio messages and information on the ISSD – Agri ProFocus webpage. etc.
- Build partnerships with other organisations for learning and knowledge sharing.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of MSc degree in Agricultural extension and communication or MA in social science or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to present written document In a large audience and to prepare enticing and evidence based reading materials on the ISSD programme
- At least 3 years proven experience in knowledge management and communication
- Experience in data management and use of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and methods
- Adequate knowledge of M&E. 'Theory of change' approach and outcome mapping'
- Computer literate, excellent In word processing, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, internet use, website content management systems and statistical packages
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team, excellent Interpersonal skills, analytical and attentive to detail.
- Open to new ideas, sharing own knowledge and applying knowledge in daily work.
- Ability to analyse issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translate them in communication strategies and documentation.
- A productive selfstarter who can develop and put in place innovative Information ideas.
- Willingness to travel extensively in Uganda.
- Experience in the Uganda seed sector is an added benefit
- Skills in event management are an advantage.
How to apply:
Please Visit this website for more information about ISSD Uganda on the ISSD Platform on the Uganda Agri ProFocus website http://apfuganda.ning.com/group/integratedseedsectordevelopmentprogramme
For more information about the position contact the Chief of Party on email@example.com
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th of April 2013 (COB). No need to send academic papers at this stage.
Interviews will be conducted in the first week of May. Starting date of the position will preferably be from mid June 2013.