Job Title: Field Coordinator IWRM
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Bukwo, Uganda
Catholic Relief Services is an international Relief NGO committed to the lessening of poverty’s root causes and injustice. CRS currently works in over 100 countries and had beenin Uganda since 1965. CRS is presently engaged in the fields of HIV and AIDS, Agriculture, Micro-finance, Water and Sanitation, and Peace and Reconciliation.
About IWRM Project: The overall project goal of the Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) project is to improve sustainable access to water supply and sanitation and promote increased hygiene in the targeted communities in Bukwo District. The project promotes god governance for community water schemes, increased uptake of good hygiene and sanitation practices and increased natural resource management.
Job Summary: The Job holder will steer the community-based behavior change management component of this program. The job holder will majorly spend his time in supporting and leading the behavior change campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A degree in Public Health, Communications or any related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working with behavior Change strategies intentionally in the field of Water and Sanitation (WASH)
- Solid understanding of health care issues related to water /sanitation access and management
- Experience managing teams
- Experience with Behavior Change Communications (BCC) metrics and monitoring Systems.
- Experience as a team manager
- Familiar with CLTS and PHAST WASH models in Uganda.
- Excellent interpersonal skills more so engaging with a variety of people.
- Good Communication Skills
- Good report writing skills geared to impress donors and sponsors.
- Basic computer literacy
- Self-motivated, Work as an individual and Proactive as need be.
- Highly respectful of varying customs and values
- Customer service approach, driven to serve others
- Enthusiastic, committed to meeting or exceeding expectations
How to apply:
If interested in this vacancy, Please submit CV, cover letter , and three work references (names and contact information only) to ReliefUgJobs@gmail.com
Deadline: 19th April, 2013
NB: CRS is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply.