Job Title: Driver
About John Snow:
John Snow. Inc. is a leader In Improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide JSI has Implemented projects In 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 87 international offices for the past 30 years.
About USAID Project: JSI has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to Implement the Strengthening Partnerships. Results and Innovations In Nutrition Globally (SPRING) Project to work in the Southwest of Uganda with a focus on strengthening the treatment and preventive nutrition services in health facilities, and overseeing the implementation of specific tasks that strengthen food fortification efforts nationally.
Job Summary: To transport SPRING personnel to various destinations using the project vehicle In a safe and courteous manner. The Driver is responsible for the safe operation of the assigned vehicle in the performance of various types of duties.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Possession of a clean valid Ugandan Driving License and a certificate of good conduct are a condition for employment.
- At least 5 years driving experience in a similar position and maintaining vehicles and logbooks
- ‘O’ level education at least with a C grade for Five years driving experience with an NGO. Foreign Embassy, or UN Agency
- Defensive driving training or other advanced driver training certifications preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the Ugandan Road Codes; and the geographical layout of Kampala and Mbarara as well as generally knowing their way around Uganda, particularly the Southwestern region
- Knowledge of proper safe operation of vehicles especially 4X4 vehicles.
- Ability to identify and assess mechanical problems, perform light preventive maintenance and ensure proper maintenance of vehicles
- Ability to operate assigned vehicle in a safe, courteous manner
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate records.
- Verbal and written literacy, good stress handling ability, sound Interpersonal skills, honest, accountable. high energy levels, hard working
How to apply:
If interested in this opportunity, Please send applications should be addressed and hand delivered to the addresses below;
The Country Manager SPRING Uganda
JSI Research and Training Institute
Block 01 Plot 295. Kacilka. Kacence.
Mbarara – Uganda
Tel+256 (486) 660012 OR On 2nd Floor. UHMG House. Plot 20 – 21/27 – 28. Martyrs Crescent. Ntinda. Kampala Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 19th April 2013
SPRING will contact only the short listed applicants. Those who do not hear from us two weeks after the deadline should consider their applications as unsuccessful.