Job Title: Education Specialist
Organisation: UN Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Education Specialist – ECD and Policy, responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of basic education policy and programme activities in the country programme by:
- Contributing towards the preparation of the Situation Analysis with particular emphasis on complementary basic education, gender, girls education and education in emergencies;
- Assisting in the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation, especially to address education of children in IDP camps;
- Preparing relevant programme documents and reports as required;
- Undertaking regular field visits to monitor relevance of existing and new education policies for programme development and recommend action for adjustment to and compliance with relevant policies and guidelines;
- Providing capacity building initiatives for partners in meeting programme objectives for child friendly basic education.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Advanced University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a related technical field.
- Five years of responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme management, monitoring and evaluation in education or a related field.
- Knowledge of latest developments in the field of basic education with emphasis on primary education
- Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing; Applying Technical Expertise; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing
How to apply:
ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicants should send their applications including their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda, Plot 9,
George Street, PO Box 7047,
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27th March 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline