Organisation: Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SAA/SG2000 is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers’ organizations and the private sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Thematic Co-ordinator in planning, budgeting and reporting
· Monitor performance of savings and loan associations in relation to agricultural development and advise accordingly.
· Link Farmers/Farmer groups/Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs)/processors/ small & medium enterprises (SMEs) to existing micro-finance institutions to facilitate access to credit;
· Monitor and document volume and value of commodity trade by Commodity Associations (CAs) and FBOs in collaboration with Commodity Associations Trainers (CATs);
· Collect, establish, maintain and manage the database on public private partnerships (PPP) of Theme 3 activities
· To ensure regular communication/coordination and exchange of experiences between Farmer/Farmer groups/FBO /Partners developing similar activities;
· Any other related duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· B.Sc in Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Rural Development or any other related field; and 5 years of relevant experience.
· Very good oral, analytical, writing and presentational skills;
· Computer literacy is a MUST.
· Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder working environments.
· A Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Send by E-mail an application letter, a CV with names of 3 referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road
P.O. Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda
For all positions, women are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13th March, 2013