Job Title: Assistant Laboratory Technologist
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
The Medical Research Council/Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) Uganda Research Unit on IDS is seeking keen, experienced and suitably qualified Ugandans to join a team of dedicated clinical and research staff working on a trial of Adjunctive Dexamethasone in HIV infected Adults with Cryptococcal Meningitis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Handles samples and performs analytical procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Technologist
· Preparation of sample aliquots and storage at appropriate temperature
· Daily monitoring and recording of freezer temperatures
· Reception, identification and ensuring chain of custody of Trial samples according to GCLP procedures
· Data entry into the laboratory data management systems
· Abide by laboratory Health and Safety Procedures
Qualifications Skills and Experience:
· Must Have a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
· Current registration with Allied Health Professionals Council.
· At least two years working experience in a clinical laboratory environment.
· GCLP training and computer literacy are desirable.
· Working experience in a laboratory clinical research trials environment is added advantage.
How to Apply:
Applications including copies of academic qualifications, curriculum vitae, cover letter clearly indicating position applied for and names plus telephone and email contact of three relevant referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe
OR send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th March 2013 at 05:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: This position will be remunerated according to the Ugandan MRC/UVRI Unit systems. The initial appointments will be for a period of up to 2 years with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.