PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Uganda helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Systems and Network Administrator (ASNA) iin Kampala who will work in our in-house Business Technology Solutions (BTS) department. BTS manages our internal information systems. The ASNA will be required to perform the following activities and any other duties assigned by the BTS manager:
· Configure workstations for network access;
· Operate software and hardware diagnostic tools and related equipment;
· Conduct training and provide assistance in basic, intermediate and advanced use of computer hardware and software;
· Assists in the purchase and installation of computer hardware and software;
· Diagnose and solve user computer hardware and software problems;
· Provide technical support to users and maintenance to various systems hardware and software systems and applications;
· Test, evaluate, and recommend hardware and software for use;
· Provide proficient support in the use of all new and current operating systems and software;
· Provide support for the various Microsoft applications and other PwC customised systems;
· Attends to seminars, training classes and programs, and demonstrations as directed;
· Perform maintenance related duties as assigned by the BTS Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· A degree in Information Technology or Computer Science is required. MCITP, CISCO or CISM would be an added advantage.
· The successful candidate will also be required to have experience in systems development using formal development methods for web based services which utilise a variety of tools such as SQL, Visual Basic and HTML; Lotus Notes/Domino based applications and relational databases; Client/Server environments and MS Office.
· Experience in PC support, remote communications and local area networking, software installation and configuration, Lotus Notes, MS Office 2007/2010, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 is essential.
· He/she should have at least one year’s working experience in a professional/corporate and client focused environment.
Other Personal Attributes:
The candidate must be willing to work overtime, as may be required from time to time, to provide off-hours support and should have the following attributes:
· Excellent communication skills; a strong client service and flexible attitude suitable for a dynamic environment
· Ability to multitask assignments, approach issues and projects with a sense of ownership and enthusiasm
How to Apply:
If you are confident that you fit the person and job profile and you are keen on growing your career, apply at www.pwc.com/ug/careers by 15 March 2013.