Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Board Audit Committee
Organisation: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Job Summary: To oversee the audit function by ensuring that internal controls are adhered to and audit activities are directed proportionately toward areas of exposure to risk, and toward increasing efficiency, economy and effectiveness of operations by following a systematic methodology to monitor and analyze the institutional performance,
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic direction, audit planning, manage and execute the Internal Audit Activity, coordinate specific processes to support the implementation and execution of the Audit Plan.
· Carry out risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan
· Monitor compliance with statutory requirements, laws and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations of the IRA.
· Review compliance with guidelines for ethical business conduct.
· Monitor compliance with IRA’s internal controls, accounting policies and procedures and operating systems;
· Review the reliability and integrity of financial information and the means used to identify, measure, present, disclose, classify and report such information.
· Review operations and programs to ascertain whether reported results are consistent with established objectives, goals and targets; and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
· Monitor corrective action on results of audit examinations, audit opinions formed, and the recommendations made; evaluate any plans or actions taken to correct reported conditions for satisfactory disposition of audit findings.
· Communicate results of internal audit to stakeholders; reporting whether appropriate action has been taken on significant audit findings.
· Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· A relevant degree from a recognised University and an Accounting Professional Qualification such as: ACCA or CPA, CIMA, or its equivalent.
· Not less than 5 years in a similar job in a reputable organisation
· Good communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
How to apply:
Hand-written applications clearly marked “Job Application” with current Curriculum Vitae together with:
copies of academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials;
three referees who can testify to the applicant’s abilities, working experience and integrity; and
a daytime telephone contact,
The Applications should be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer at the above address not later than 5.00p.m 22nd March 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.