Job Title: Director Finance
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Organisation: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Job Summary: To oversee all financial aspects of IRA’s strategy and responsible for the flow of financial information to the Chief Executive Officer and other stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Establish an annual budget cycle and coordinate the budgeting process ensuring that budget estimates match the annual operational plans and ensure such budgets are submitted to the Board for approval.
· Monitor and control budgetary expenditures and advise the Chief Executive Officer and the departmental heads when there are major budget variances,
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management financial reports and submits them to management for discussion and appropriate decision-making.
· Liaise with the Auditors to ensure that periodic Audits are carried out as required.
· To spearhead the Risk Management Committee.
· In liaison with Assistant Director Market Research and Development, make effort to raise funds and prepare funding proposals.
· Ensures that an effective accounting system is in place and operational.
· Monitor and supervises the timely handling of all expenditures and revenues of the Authority.
· Implement the Authority’s policies that are pertinent to finance.
· Ensure the integrity of the general ledger.
· Carry our any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· A relevant degree from a recognized University and an Accounting Professional Qualification such as ACCA or CPA, CIMA, or its equivalent.
· Working experience of at least 10 years in a similar job, 5 years of which must be at a senior level, in reputable organisations.
· Knowledge of PPDA procedures is an added advantage Good communication skills Strong interpersonal skills Results oriented.
· Analytical skills Strong computer skills.
How to apply:
Hand-written applications clearly marked “Job Application” with current Curriculum Vitae together with:
Copies of academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials;
Three referees who can testify to the applicant’s abilities, working experience and integrity; and
a daytime telephone contact,
The Applications should be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer at the above address not later than 5.00p.m 22nd March 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.