Job Title: Communications Specialist
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager (FAM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About MSH Uganda:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
Job Summary: The Communications Specialist will support all the communication activities of the SURE project under the supervision of the FAM. S/he will work closely with the FAM and other staff as necessary to ensure that communication materials of high quality are developed and regularly updated. S/he will assist in training SURE staff in communication skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
In addition the specialist will:
· Assist in the design, development, writing, production, proofreading, layout, formatting and editing of communication materials
· Create and deliver newsletters for both internal project and external audiences
· Document program successes through writing and submitting regular success stories to donors, stakeholders and other audiences
· Ensure correct branding and marking of all communications materials in line with the program guidelines
· Train SURE staff in communication skills including photography, writing success stories, editing and structuring publications etc
· Maintain an up-to date photography library and take photos for program activities whenever needed
· Ensure quality production of videos.
· Arrange for the development of video scripts and selection of film producers
· Maintain an up-to date program website with current information, publications, news stories and success stories.
· Handle publicity and media relations
· Design electronic and print media materials, templates, and oversee the production quality
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· A relevant degree required, e.g. Mass Communication, Journalism, etc. or equivalent.
· At least five years relevant experience
· Outstanding technical writing and editing skills a must
· Specific experience in layout, editing and formatting of reports, manuals, etc
· English fluency and strong administrative, organizational and verbal communication skills
· Advanced computer skills in word processing, desktop publication and presentation applications.
· Microsoft Office applications skills preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages
· Digital video production and photography skills desired
· Ability to be proactive, learn complex procedures, work independently, and execute tasks efficiently
· Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
· Open and flexible - desired
· Ability to work with teams both internal and external (Ministry of Health, implementing partners and others).
How to apply:
Please send your applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann
Drive Bugolobi, P.O. Box 71419, Kampala
Deadline: Friday. March 22. 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates.
Note: detailed job descriptions can be accessed at: www.sure.ug
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline