Job Title: Personal Bankers (25 Vacancies)
Duty Station: Kampala, Gulu, Mbale & Mbarara
Job Purpose: To deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross-selling of all Barclays Africa Retail products & services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
· Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns
· Own and manage personal product & channel sales targets to contribute towards the outlet sales objectives
· Build effective relationships with branch staff to ensure that non-sales staff refer customers to the Personal Banker when they identify a particular product or service need
· In integrated branches, build effective relationships with Customer Advisors to ensure that they refer standard customers who become eligible for Prestige products and services
· Call customers when their accounts have been opened, generate welcome pack letters and send to customers Personal Bankers are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of account opening applications and supporting documents that they complete and submit
· Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit Comply with all general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering regulations
· Conduct snap checks as allocated by the Branch Manager.
· Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner
· Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints
· Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans.
· When the branch is busy, walk the queues- resolve quick inquires and direct customers to the correct counters
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
· When called upon, support the Branch Manager/BOM, open and close Cashier tills at the beginning and end of each day
· Identify and participate in community initiatives to support as part of Barclays community initiatives
· Contribute ideas to support the community initiatives agenda in the branch (More details of the key areas of responsibility can be viewed on the website detailed below)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· First degree or relevant experience in a front-line banking sales/marketing/service environment.
· Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies including standard tariffs.
· A good understanding of overall Retail goals & objectives, including the branch’s objectives, growth of sales, cost control and income contribution
· A thorough Understanding of the sales process
· A working knowledge of the procedure manuals
· A good working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti-Money laundering, banking code, service standards, health & safety standards etc
· A thorough knowledge of the bank’s internal departments, systems & procedures as well as risk & rigour requirements
· Some knowledge of competitor products and services offered to high net-worth customers
· Excellent planning & organization skills.
· Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Questioning skills.
· Computer literacy.
· Good numeric & analytical skills.
· Networking Good selling/influencing skills.
· Presentation skills.
· Listening skills.
How to apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below: https://barclays.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en_GB
Deadline: 11th March, 2013.
NB: Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender. For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org