Vacancy Code: VA/2013/B5004/1765
Position Title: Data Integration Process Associate (LOCAL POSITION)
Department/Office: NAO, UNDG
Duty station: Entebbe, Uganda
Background Information - UNOPS
The United Nations Department of Field Support, Information and Communications Technology Division (UN DFS-ICTD) is responsible for the delivery of applications that satisfy the requirements of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs).
DFS has implemented a range of systems to address the principal requirements of peacekeeping operations and to support and enhance the processes DFS undertakes.
UNOPS has been requested to assist in the implementation of this activity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Under the supervision of the Data Management Lead in Entebbe and Manager in New York, the Data Integration Process Associate will perform the following:
· Ensure an effective data collection and processing system by reviewing and analyzing data input, processing and data output activities, manage incoming data feeds and data transfers
· Assist in the design of logical and physical data models and develop data marts using dimensional modeling.
· Assist in developing and documenting source to target data element mappings and transformation rules for ETL workflows
· Assist in developing Data Integration packages using MS SQL-Server and SSIS.
· Assist in developing Release Management/Deployment packages for handover to Operations team
· Perform basic SQL Database administration activities in the development environment
· Monitor and improve performance with network, security and database indexing considerations.
· Liaise and provide database interaction recommendations to BI application developers
· Troubleshoot and resolve DW scheduled job failures working closely with ICC.
· Perform other data integration and admin related work (as needed)
Professionalism - Strong theoretical background and knowledge of information technology/information management best practice implementation in the field of data integration, cleansing, data warehouse, data modeling, SQL Server related technologies and analysis. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including familiarity with software development lifecycle and the implementation and support of complex information ICT systems and projects.
Client Orientation: Ability to identify and analyze clients’ needs and develop appropriate technological solutions to the business needs. Experience in working with contracted service providers in a globally dispersed environment.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines. Ability to lead a project team to completion and provide technical guidance to staff.
Communications: Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally. Ability to effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear and concise style. Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers/ operations/ end users/ management / support staff). Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with a level of professionalism and integrity.
Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· High school diploma, Preferably a first level university degree or Certification from IT Institutions
· At least 6 years of experience using MS SQL SSIS development in a Data Warehouse environment, supporting databases such as MS SQL Server or a similar RDBMS including at least two years experience of Transact SQL (T-SQL) and a good understanding for improved query performance troubleshooting.
· Understanding of concepts in Master Data Management which includes master data schema development,
· Experience with data profiling, data quality and data migration processes
· Understanding of release and change management.
· Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and problem solving skills.
· Good understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, including dimensional modeling.
· Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers/ operations/ end users/ project managers / business analysts).
Fluent written and oral English required.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
How to apply:
Please visit the web link below and review requirements and express interest by clicking Apply Now
Deadline: 11th February, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline