Job Title: Nurse (Several Positions)
Reporting to: Study Supervisor
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a bio-medical research and service delivery collaborative initiative located in Rakai district, South Western Uganda.
It strives to improve health outcomes of populations through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute- Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Job Purpose: To provide support to the study investigators in collecting important clinical details from study participants and data collection in the clinic/field sites.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide medical care to patients or study participants
· Carrying out Census at household level
· Administer study consent to study participants
· Conduct health education and deliver research related information to the study participants.
· Screen, enroll, take medical history and examine eligible study participants.
· Complete study documents (Source documents and/or Case report forms) for the study participants.
· Collect blood samples/specimen appropriately and deliver them for testing to central lab in Kalisizo.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The successful candidate should have a certificate in general enrolled nursing from a reputable institution.
· Working experience of at least 6 months in a reputable healthy organization
· Certificates in Good clinical practice and Human subjects Protection, experience in conducting research related and HIV care is an advantage but not a requirement.
· Posses a valid registration with the relevant licensing body
· Ability to ride a motorcycle with in study and service areas of Rakai district.
· Willingness to reside in Rakai district.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Fluent in Luganda the local language
· Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should submit their application letters, detailed resume (CV) indicating 3 professional referees, physical addresses and functioning day-time telephone contacts or Mobile phone numbers to:
The Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program
P. O. Box 279, Kalisizo
Not later than 22nd February, 2013 (only shortlisted candidate will be contacted)