Job Title: Senior Manager
Reports to: Head of Sales & Distribution
Our client Smile Communications (U) Ltd is bringing about an internet revolution to Uganda with the introduction of its 4G LTE super fast, high quality and reliable internet access services. Smile is the only ISP in Uganda and only the 3rd in Africa offering 4G LTE and is looking for a number of highly experienced, talented and committed individuals to join their team. Smile is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Summary: This role will be responsible for the overall success of Smile’s retail outlets including planning and leadership, profit margin maximisation, new products and services, compliance to brand standards and other Smile requirements, while maintaining the highest level of customer experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership, direction and development to all aspects of the Smile Retail function (e.g. Smile shops and kiosks)
· Implement the Smile sales and distribution strategy, policies, processes and standards as may be revised from time to time, adapting them to local priorities and circumstances for the Smile Retail channel
· Develop and implement the local Smile Retail plans as embedded in the approved OPCO sales and distribution road map
· Optimise existing markets through effective Smile Retail channel roll out, management, merchandising and distribution
· Ensure superior customer service in line with Smile’s brand promise in all Smile Retail points of sales (POS)
· Manage the Smile Retail operations including planning, budgeting, stock control, process improvement and control, health & safety, manpower planning & resourcing, training & development and partner/service provider management while liaising with the respective Heads of department/function (interdepartmental co-ordination)
· Manage and motivate the Smile Retail team to ensure efficiency and performance against set parameters
· Analyse sales figures/performance reports and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits. Conduct regular Continuous Improvement Reviews with the retail team members
· Manage the applicable governance and approval processes relevant to the Smile Retail channel
· Ensure compliance to set guidelines, strategy, policy, processes and procedures for the Smile Retail channel as may be approved from time to time
· Establish and monitor service levels/standards to ensure that agreed KPIs for the Smile Retail channel are met
· Provide any other ad hoc duties assigned to you from time to time by the Head of Sales& Distribution or any other person appointed by the Company for this purpose.
· Key Performance Indicators:
· OPCO revenue and EBIDTA targets
· Optimal Smile Retail presence throughout Smile’s coverage area
· Optimal mix between Smile shops and kiosks; as well as fully owned POS and controlled POS under franchise agreement
· Effective and efficient logistics network
· Effective management of key local partners
· Superior level of customer services in line with the Smile brand promise
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or other business related degree
· 10 years experience in Retail, Sales and Distribution with minimum of 5 years in the telecom industry
· Some operational sales experience “in shop”, B2B sales and marketing will be of added advantage
· Strong retail and customer service background
· Strong leadership, communication and project management skills
· Strong organisational skills with superior attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with process focus/mindset
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills
· Strong self starter and able to drive initiatives independently.
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly
Deadline: 6th March 2013