Job Title: Vetting Officer
Organisation: Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU)
About Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU):
Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare across every district of Uganda We aim to contribute 15 points to Uganda’s contraceptive prevalence rate by 2015. saving and improving many thousands of Ugandan lives. MSU has 25% of the market share in modern contraceptives and, in 2010/2011, safely delivered 50,000 babies and contributed 4 points to Uganda’s contraceptive prevalence rate, MSU has enjoyed 20% year on year growth since 2007. MSU is part of a global network, Marie Stopes International; (MSI), and subscribes to MSI goal and mission, to prevent unwanted births and to ensure individual’s rights to Children by Choice not Chance.
Job Purpose: The Vetting officer will ensure that Health service providers participating in the Blue Star Health Care Network accurately report claims information and follow treatment protocols, thoroughly screen and vet data entered in the management information system, provide continuing medical education to Health Service Providers participating in Blue Star Health Care Network and ensuring accuracy of all data entered to facilitate effective and efficient payment and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Routine screening, editing and timely vetting of claim forms following the standard operating procedures. In addition make technical and in-depth analysis of the claim forms before approving, quarantining or rejecting payment
· Liaise with the Medical and quality assurance team to discuss with health care providers emphasizing evidence based on the provision and management of reproductive health care services
· Provide ongoing technical support and feedback to the implementing partners about their performance. In addition participate in refresher trainings
· Thoroughly observe, analyse, review, document and present feedback on the quality of services provided by health care providers especially focusing on tests and treatment of clients.
· Liaise with the claims processing-data entry team to ensure that accurate and quality data is processed and vetted
· Ensure data quality and controls for maintaining data integrity
· Participate in building capacity of implementing partners in data management systems.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Laboratory technology
· Computer literacy (MS Office Packages)
· Experience in operating various work-processing software, spreadsheets and database programs
· At least one year work experience in a busy environment
· Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of Family Planning is an added advantage Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
· Able to work as part of a team, building consensus and driving change Good planner Good analytical skills
How to apply:
Please send a CV and Cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Senior Manager, People and Development, Plot 1020, Kisugu-Muyenga, P.O Box 10431, Kampala-Uganda, quoting the position title by 6:pm on Friday 15th February, 2013. Marie Stopes Uganda is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Marie Stopes Uganda is thankful to all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline