Organisation: Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU)
About Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU):
Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare across every district of Uganda We aim to contribute 15 points to Uganda’s contraceptive prevalence rate by 2015. saving and improving many thousands of Ugandan lives. MSU has 25% of the market share in modern contraceptives and, in 2010/2011, safely delivered 50,000 babies and contributed 4 points to Uganda’s contraceptive prevalence rate, MSU has enjoyed 20% year on year growth since 2007. MSU is part of a global network, Marie Stopes International; (MSI), and subscribes to MSI goal and mission, to prevent unwanted births and to ensure individual’s rights to Children by Choice not Chance.
Job Purpose: To plan, implement and achieve periodic communication objectives in accordance with the BCC Marketing and Distribution Strategy. This should be done within pre-agreed budgetary limits while utilizing the available human resources optimally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Takes overall responsibility for the proper functioning of the marketing and behaviour change communication activities i.e. implementation of focused and innovative community information activities and accountability for funds allocated towards these activities.
· Coordinate the design, production and distribution of BCC messages and materials in liaison with the Regional Coordinator.
· Identify and collaborate with various Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) and Community Based Organisations (CBOs) with Reproductive Health and STD/HIV/AIDS related activities to develop a collaborative network for distribution and information sharing and dissemination.
· Ensure that the target population is specifically addressed by the communication campaign.
· Carry out community sensitization campaigns in laision with CBOs. NGOs Local Councils and community leaders.
· Carries out community and brand promotions in order to create a positive image of the HealthLife voucher brand.
· Ensure that communication campaigns take into account the different market conditions in urban and rural areas.
· Ensure the safe custody of all inventories of all communication messages and materials.
· Prepare and submit relevant reports on BCC and marketing activities to the Regional Coordinator from time to time.
· Ensure smooth, timely and focused implementations of activities by seeking advice and guidance from the project coordinator and by working closely with other team members.
· Support the sales executive in the distribution of the HealthLife vouchers to NGOs, CBOs and rural communities.
· The core responsibility of this position is to use your: initiative, energy, persistence, results orientation, drive, integrity, enthusiasm and commitment to personal development to further MSU’s vision to become a sustainable nationwide provider of high quality, integrated reproductive health/family planning services
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· University Degree preferably in Health Sciences
· Computer literacy (MS Office Packages)
· At least 4 years experience managing Community /District Level projects
· At least 3 years of middle level experience in management.
· Previous experience working in health service provision especially Family planning, maternal child health or community Health areas
· Knowledge of clinical Health Service Provision, Family Planning, Community Outreach and social Marketing an added advantage
· Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
· Proven oral, written and editing abilities.
· Ability to work in deadline driven/results oriented atmospheres
· Strong people management skills
· Able to work as part of the team, building consensus and driving change
· Able to think strategically
· Good planner
· Ability to change and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organizational change.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and Cover letter by email to email@example.com or by post to the Senior Manager, People and Development, Plot 1020, Kisugu-Muyenga, P.O Box 10431, Kampala-Uganda, quoting the position title by 6:pm on Friday 15th February, 2013. Marie Stopes Uganda is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Marie Stopes Uganda is thankful to all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.