Job Title: Graduate Engineer-Trainee
Reports to: Supervision Consultant
Job Summary: The Graduate Engineer will be attached to the supervision consultant to assist in the supervision of highway construction and rehabilitation, contract management, quality control and testing of materials and highway designs.
In the process, the consultant will transfer knowledge, skills and experiences to the Graduate Engineer with the view to enhance his or her capacity in the area of engineering.
Subsequently, the Graduate Engineer attached to the project will be able to translate theory into practical aspects and also compile and analyze data which will be useful in the process of registration. On commencement of the attachment, the Graduate Engineer will sign a Training Agreement with UNRA that clearly spells out the attributes that the Graduate Engineer should demonstrate competence and achievement in at the end of the attachment. The attached graduate is therefore expected to be proactive and enthusiastic learner to ensure that he/she attains the required competency level with minimal supervision.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
· Follows the agreed work plan for the project;
· Follows technical and professional instruction as and when provided by the Consultant;
· Takes note of important interpretations and any other information relevant to the implementation of the project;
· Attends technical meetings of the project with the view to grasp engineering aspects of the project;
· Works under the guidance of the Consultant in order to acquire knowledge and skills in road works;
· Signs up to a UNRA Training Agreement that contains key attributes that the graduate engineer shall be expected to demonstrate and achieve competencies in the identified attributes;
· Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Consultant
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· The applicant must be a holder of an Honors Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution of higher learning attained within the past four years
How to Apply:
Applications accompanied by:
(i) A capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the post and illustrated personal experience
(ii) Copies of testimonials (the applicant must endorse on each copy of the submitted
(iii) Detailed curriculum vitae duly signed by the applicant on each and every page and showing previous positions held;
(iv) Current salary;
(v) Names of three referees; and
(vi) Postal addresses and day time telephone contacts of applicant should be submitted to:
The Secretary of the Board of Directors
Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Plot 5, Lourdel Road
P.O. Box 28487
To reach the Secretary not later than 15 March 2013 at 17.00 hours. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing or lobbying by applicants or their representatives will lead to disqualification.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline