Job Title: Manager Network Planning
Responsible to: Networks Director
Organisation: Airtel Uganda
Job Purpose: Plan, direct and control the delivery of network strategy by ensuring technical plans are converted from business objectives to deliver best quality at lower cost and innovative capex productivity. This role ensures airtel is the lowest cost producer and delivers +1 network experience continually.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze business objectives and convert it into technical plans.
- Define Airtel Uganda network evolution roadmap in Line with group guidelines and local business strategy in a manner best suited to meet current and future business requirements
- Monitor the implementation of network deployment plans and projects and direct compliance to budget
- Support the business teams in translating their functional needs to network specifications and convert these to network designs for development of plans and solutions by partners
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to meet compliance requirements
- Define SLA’s for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to alt touch points.
- Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel Uganda to create a high performance team environment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering/Technology (Electronics & Communication).
- 8-10 Years of varied experience in planning, implementation, operation and maintenance in the telecom.
- Industry strong leadership & review management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of both 2G and 3G technology in radio is must.
- Should be expert/had experience with planning tools for radio and transmission network.
- Sound knowledge of mobile network planning, optimization and O&M.
How to apply:
Attach copies of all academic documents.
Applicants for the Network Management position who do not hear from us within 3 weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV’s with a day phone contact, address and an email address to:
The Talent Acquisition & Talent Management Manager, airtel House, Plot 40 Jinja Road, P.O. Box 6771, Kampala. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd Feb 2013.