Job Title Research Analyst (2 Vacancies)
The Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC) is Uganda’s leading economics research institution. Its mandate is to provide research and other forms of analytical support to Uganda’s development process. EPRC uses resources from the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF), Government of Uganda and ThinkTank Initiative (TTI) under the International | Development Research Centre (IDRC). The Centre is searching for qualified persons with sound professional integrity to fill the following positions to meet the increasing demand for evidence-based policy formulation in Uganda.
· Undertake empirical economic policy research and analysis
· Engage in commissioned work for and on behalf of the Centre
· Based on research findings and sound analysis, contribute to national policy discourse.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Candidates for the Research Analyst program should be Ugandans and must have the following:-
· A Minimum of Master's degree by coursework & research in economics, agricultural economics or related economic field from a recognized university;
· Strong training background in economic theory and methods
· Demonstrated ability to apply economic theory and methods to investigate empirical issues
· Abreast with current global and national economic issues
· Excellent writing and presentation skills
· High-level interpersonal skills and good communication skills
· Willingness and ability to work to tight deadlines in a competitive environment, and Demonstrated ability to use STATA, EViews, GAMS or GAUSS for data analysis
· Work experience of at least 2 years in a reputable institution/ organization
· Unquestionable integrity
How to apply:
Applications, including detailed curriculum vitae; names and addresses of three (3) referees (at least one of whom must be a current/former employer), and photocopies of academic credentials should be sent to the address below not later than 1st March, 2013, 5pm. Board members and staff of EPRC are not accepted as referees. Applicants should indicate clearly on the right hand corner of the envelope the position they are applying for. The Chairman, Board of Management Economic Policy Research Centre 51 Pool Road, Makerere Campus P.O. Box 7841, Kampala. Tel: 0414-540141/540159 Fax: 0414-541022 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org A copy of this advertisement can be found at the EPRC’s website http://www.eprc.or.ug.