Job Title: Senior Climate Change Specialist
About The Louis Berger Group, Inc.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc., is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development, a division within LBG, division offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development. Within ID, the Agriculture and Food Security Portfolio focuses on value chain enhancement, rural infrastructure development, and private sector enabling environment.
Job Summary: Integrated Development is currently accepting applications for a Senior Climate Change Specialist in Uganda on a USAID project that will partner with Ugandan private and public sector institutions to improve the enabling environment for agricultural development, trade, and adaptation to climate change. The activity will achieve the following four main results:
- Removal of policy and regulatory constraints to agricultural production, processing, marketing, and trade,
- Strengthened capacity of Government of Uganda institutions to facilitate agricultural development and trade,
- Strengthened capacity of Government of Uganda institutions to respond to climate change impacts on agriculture, and
- Strengthened capacity of Ugandan private sector and civil society institutions to contribute to policy decisions related to agriculture development, agriculture trade, and climate change adaptation.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Senior Climate Change Specialist should be a highly qualified development professional with comprehensive understanding of climate change science and adaptation
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree and 8 years of relevant experience (four years of experience could be substituted for an MA).
- S/he must have international experience in public sector institutional strengthening for climate change and its related effects on agriculture.
- S/he must have an excellent track record of achieving results in similar types of institutional strengthening activities.
- S/he must have demonstrated high level technical, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English is required.
How to Apply:
If you would like to submit a form which will enter your personal information and resume into our Human Resource System and identify you as a candidate for this position,
If you have difficulty using our resume system, please email@example.com . Please note that we are unable to accept resumes via email. If you are interested in being considered for this opening, please http://uga.jobs/virtual-uga/senior-climate-change-specialist-uganda/33592881/job through our Human Resource System. If you have difficulty using our resume system, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not accept resumes via email.
Deadline: 28th February 2013